Unwritten....

Saturday, January 16, 2010

4.6km's in 36 minutes BABY!!!!
Unwritten is one of my favourite songs to listen to. I love what it means. The rest of our lives are unwritten. We decide our fate.

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
(and the best part)
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten


I could have easily gone further on the treadmill today but there was a lady waiting to use it. Bugger!!! I was aiming to get to 5km.

I am in such a fantastic mindset at the moment. I fight myself each day about going to the gym, but once I'm there I FEEL FANTASTIC!!! My speed is already increasing and I'm now running at 9.3km/hr. I even did a couple of sprints (hehe) at around 10.5km/hr. I AM GETTING STRONGER AND FASTER!!! How great does that feel.

There is really onle one area of this journey that I am still struggling with and that's the wine. I'm going to keep pushing myself and am cutting back a small amount each day. I will get there, after all my book is still unwritten!

So for those of you that remeber my last blog, you'll recall my efforts to get into my size 18 shorts. I am please to say that they are now knock-around-the-house shorts as they are getting too big. I can now fit into most size 16's. Here's a pic of the journey.....



So one of the things I spoke with my dietitian about was goal setting and what was pushing me to get to that next level. It was the shorts. Now that they are too big, I have purchased a new goal pair of shorts in a size...... 14!!!!!


I look at this picture and I feel disgusted. I feel that I look like I did in the 3rd picture above. What I need to keep in mind is that these shorts are 2 sizes smaller than the ones above.

2 comments:

SkinnieMinnie said...

man I LOVE Natasha! I have unwritten on my exercise play list and great to hear about the current mind set :-)

Amy W. said...

I feel the same way when I try on pants that don't fit...like for a moment I have forgotten how far I have come!

Can't wait to see the new pants fit you!